The IVM International Advisory Board will provide advice to the IVM Management Team on strategic issues. These can include issues related to research, teaching and development, and the institute’s relationships within and outside the VU University Amsterdam. The issues that come before the board will be agreed upon by the IVM Director, in consultation with the Chair of the International Advisory Board.
Once a year, the IVM International Advisory Board meets together with the whole IVM Management Team in Amsterdam.
The meeting is chaired by the Chair of the International Advisory Board. Minutes will be kept and circulated to all members of the institute. Members of the International Advisory Board will serve in their own capacity and initially for a period of three years.
- Prof. Leen Hordijk (chair) - Former Director, Institute for Environment and Sustainability, JRC-Ispra
- Prof. Theo Dijkstra - University of Groningen, Faculty of Economics and Business (ex-SNS Reaal)
- Prof. Gunilla Lindström - Pro Vice-Chancellor, School of Science and Technology, Örebro University
- Prof. Arild Underdal - Department of Political Science, University of Oslo
- Prof. Aart de Zeeuw - Department of Economics and Director Tilburg Sustainability Centre, Tilburg University