- ‘Red de oerang-oetan, hang hem een prijskaartje om’. IVM researcher Pieter van Beukering in NRC Handelsblad, 6 June 2015.
- ‘Grenzen aan de bloei.’ Onno Kuik and Jeroen van den Bergh in De Groene Amsterdammer, 15 October 2015.
Environmental Policy Analysis
Members of the EPA department are regularly appearing in national and international media on topics ranging from climate change to biodiversity loss.
- Interview in Swedish National Radio (P1) November 19, 2015, discussing the opportunities and challenges for companies taking global climate action. Link.
- Debate article in the Internationale Spectator – Clingendael Magazine voor Internationale Betrekkingen (2015, No.3) on “Alles behalve het Klimaatverdrag: Een minder somber perspectief op mondiaal klimaatbeleid”. Link.
Water and Climate Risk
The Department of Water and Climate Risk has a strong outreach to society, and our research responds to and anticipates requests from policy makers in the domains of flood and drought risk. We envisage that research should serve society, and we therefore put much effort in communicating our results and recommendations. Examples of where our research has had an impact on policy and as highlighted in the media:
- Department WCR featuring in 2014 Emmy Award winning documentary ‘Years of Living Dangerously’, by James Cameron and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- Global scale flood risk assessment in Scientific American, Daily Mail, De Volkskrant, and Deutschlandfunk (German radio);
- Flood risk adaptation in New York City: in NY1, The Economist, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, The Guardian, National Geographic.